Also, help us welcome our new growing expert Josh – “The Angry Grower” – to answer any questions you may have about getting the most successful yields of your crops. He’s really a nice guy, once you get to know him!
RootMaker® – The Three Methods of Root Pruning
A plant’s root system provides vital access to water and nutrients. Experienced growers understand that making root production a top priority will lead to healthier and more productive crops. Advancements in the products and techniques used to promote healthy roots within a container, have revolutionized the way container gardening is done by both hobbyists and commercial nurseries. Even with all of the advancements, some growers still use generic plastic potting containers; inadvertently promoting an unhealthy root structure. This type of potting container only promotes a circling of roots, instead of a healthy, fibrous, laterally-branching root structure. More…
This Month’s Features & Departments
- Humidity Control for Pathogen Prevention in a Greenhouse or Indoor Garden
- G&G Cover Story – RootMaker® – The Three Methods of Root Pruning
- Easy Ways to Get Electricity to your Garden
- When Is The Best Time to Prune Trees and Shrubs?
- Hoyas Are a Great Greenhouse Plant
- A Simple Water-Saving Hydroponics Setup
- 12 Tools for Beginning Gardeners