Building your Dream Home? 5 Reasons to Choose Hybrid Flooring
If you are planning on building your dream home anytime soon, your thoughts will invariably turn to flooring materials sooner or later. You might prefer solid hardwood floors or perhaps Italian marble, but if the budget simply won’t stretch to top end flooring, the next best thing is hybrid flooring, which is a combination of vinyl and laminate. Hybrid flooring is fast becoming the floor material of choice for Australian homeowners and when you consider the many benefits, it’s hardly surprising.
- Stunning Range of Finishes – Technology allows for a high-resolution digital image to be digitally printed onto a very thin membrane, which is just under the outer protective layer of the hybrid flooring. The wide range of finishes includes many timber grains, such as oak, ash, pine and walnut, while marble, granite and travertine finishes are ideal for lovers of stone. The finish is scratch proof and waterproof and very easy to keep clean, making it an obvious choice for Australian homeowners.
- Completely Waterproof – The core of the hybrid flooring plank is made from a mixture of resin, bamboo dust, limestone and virgin PVC. With a solid timber floor, one is always worried about a liquid spillage, yet with hybrid flooring, you can absorb all of the liquid with a sponge or some thick tissue.
- Soft and Silent – Thanks to a thin cork underlay that is attached to the underside of the hybrid plank, the flooring is both soft and silent, making for the perfect walking experience. This cork layer absorbs any slight movement and also acts as an insulator, preventing moisture rising up from the substrate. Once the floor has been professionally laid, there will be zero movement and sound, and with super scratch resistance, you have an elegant, yet extremely durable floor surface.
- Great Value for Money – When you consider that you can have the looks and durability of solid timber or stone for a fraction of the cost, it isn’t hard to understand why hybrid flooring has taken the market by storm. The surface is protected by a specially formulated, scratch resistant outer membrane and the material is incredibly durable.
- Easy Installation – Hybrid flooring can be laid on any substrate and it comes in plank form, which is as easy to cut as timber, and with every length having a special cork backing affixed, there is no need for underlay. It is advisable to order from a supplier who will install the flooring, thus ensuring a smooth and trouble-free installation.
Hybrid flooring is ideal for high traffic areas like the kitchen and hallway and as the flooring is completely waterproof, it is the perfect choice for the bathroom. If you would like to know more about hybrid flooring, an online search will help you to locate a local supplier and with their help, your dream home will be complete.